Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015

First week = First baptism!

Hey everyone! Well I'm out of the MTC now and currently I'm serving in Fort Wayne, Indiana! It's way different than Arizona. It's about a three hour time difference, so that was fun getting used too. I get up at 2;45 a.m. your time every morning. It's Very flat, very green and very humid, but the weather is pretty nice. The hottest its gotten is like 80. 

Yeah so I live in the hood. It's pretty sweet. It's a little (a lot) run down and sketchy but it's home and I love it. I've never lived in an area where the people smoke more than they breathe though. Literally everyone out here smokes.  

It rains quite a bit out here. There's actually a huge thunderstorm right now. Last week there was a huge storm where it flooded and like 50-100 ft trees were uprooted and fell everywhere. The other day my companion Elder Heiner and I were riding our bikes, and when we were 20 min out it started raining and we were soaked. It was so fun.

Fireflies are pretty cool! I flipped out a little when I first saw them. Things just started glowing and I had no idea why. Oh, I hate the mosquitoes. 

And yes just like the subject says, I had my first baptism! it was on Saturday! His name is J. C. He's one of the most solid guys I've ever met. He's a great example to me. 

The first day out here was pretty hard. Everything was new and different. I prayed for the strength to carry on and keep going. I know our Heavenly Father hears our prayers because he heard mine. The next day was so good. The atonement of Jesus Christ is amazing. Through it we can receive comfort and strength beyond our own. I know this to be true. I'm so glad to be out here serving the lord. 
Write me! 
Love you all.

Tid bits form Letter to Mom
There's no iPads :( but I can make it through. Something cool my mission president (coolest guy on earth) said, is that he receives no greater and clearer revelation than who is being trained and who the trainer is. Pretty cool huh?! My trainer, Elder Heiner, is awesome.



Elder Heiner and Elder Verdoni

With Elder Basset
He really brings the spirit of others up. I love him!

MTC Fun below!
Elder Verdoni  "supporting" is companion!

Treats from his dad through Dearelder.com


No comments:

Post a Comment