Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 27, 2015

One month left! Oh wait

Dang it's already been a month! It's flown by. Time flies when you are working hard and having fun. We sure do a lot of both out here. One more month and most of you will be in school. Ha. Sucks. jk I loved school.

Anyway last Monday I dropped a whole lot of cash (not really) on Clorox and cleaning supplies because our shower was disgusting. It didn't drain and there was like mold. It's been a missionary apartment for like three years so you can't judge. But I cleaned the crap out of it. I sprayed so much Clorox my eyes were crying and I could feel it in my lungs. Yeah that was a really dumb idea, also we couldn't open our window to vent because there was a hornets nest and they would fly in. So naturally I sprayed them with Clorox too. Anyway the shower is clean and it makes me happy. Also I bought this sweet shower curtain. It's this mountain scene in the forest and there's a wolf. Coolest thing I've ever bought ever.

On Tuesday we had zone conference. It was amazing. My mission president is a powerful man. that changed the ways of how I do things. We learned better planning and teaching techniques. We also focused a lot on the doctrine of Christ. That's pretty much what we focus on all the time but this was like super deep. We went over how we know if someone is ready for baptisms and what evidences are they showing that they will live this way forever. It was a great way to evaluate where I'm at and what I need to change to become better.

That's the beauty of this gospel. You can always improve on something. You are never done. You have to keep working. I love this gospel and can stand boldly in front of you and testify that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I have been called by Him through a prophet of God. It is my sacred privilege to carry on His work and declare His word among His people that they might have everlasting life. He is the son of God and the redeemer of the world. I know that if we exercise faith in him, sincerely repent, are baptized for the remission of sins, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by laying on of hands, and endure to the end, we will receive a forgiveness of all our sins, and live with Heavenly Father again with our families for all eternity. (doctrine of Christ) Love you all!
Elder Verdoni














No comments:

Post a Comment