Monday, August 24, 2015

Aug 24, 2015

This Week Was...Electrifying

So we've been teaching this sweet family, the 'F's, and they are just awesome. They are progressing and they have a baptismal date for the 12th. They own two beautiful chows and they can get a little rowdy. So 'J' has this taser that he uses on them. I saw the taser and so naturally I tasered myself. That was very fun! Then right before we left, Elder Heiner didn't want to be shown up so 'J' tasered him. 

The next day we found out our entire neighborhood could hear us when our windows are open. Elder Heiner then immediately sang all the versus to 'If you could hie to Kolob.' Our neighbor asked us about it later haha. Oh man I am loving Fort Wayne. This is my home, I'm having so much fun. The other day we were walking and we were bout 10 min from home and it started pouring. My shirt was see-through, we were so soaked. Yesterday we went and saw this investigator 'D.' He's always drunk, it's so funny. He started spraying surface cleaner in the air because his apartment stunk. Also he's a barber and I'm having him cut my hair next week. I've always wanted to let a drunk black barber cut my hair. I can't wait to see what he'll do. 

One of the new sister training leaders in my zone, Sister Mclaws, literally lives or lived right down the road from me back home. Small world. Yesterday we watched the dedication for the Indianapolis temple and the spirit was so strong. I'm so grateful to be on a mission. I've learned so much and I am excited to learn more. Missions aren't easy but they're worth it. Anyway love you all! 

OH AND I'M MOVING SO MY ADDRESS IS CHANGING DON'T SEND ANYTHING 
Elder Verdoni

Letter to Mom
We have been teaching this family,  they are progressing very well. We went there almost every night. They took us out to lunch on Saturday to the mall (Babylon). It's every missionary worst nightmare. It plays lots of worldly music and there's lots of pretty girls everywhere. So then they pulled up our Instagram and my twitter. That was awkward at first, haha cause there's pictures of me in a speedo. (dive team) Yesterday we got to watch the dedication for the temple, it was so cool. President Eyring gave the prayer. Overall I learned how important the temple is and how I need to make it a priority in my life when I get home. I plan to go every week when I'm back. We get to go to the temple as a mission at the end of next month. I'm so excited. Yeah that was my week. love you!

 
  I love this sweater so much 

America day is everyday
church parking lot

(Because he knows his mother can't look at it)


No comments:

Post a Comment