Monday, September 21, 2015

Sept 21, 2015

Hey everyone! Hope everyone's week was good because mine sure was. Actually this week felt really long for some reason. Last monday was super sweet. We had our zone fun day and we all went over to this guy's house because his yard is super big. His name is Captain Big O. I honestly dont know his real name, but that was so much fun. We just hung out, ate a lot of food and raced tractors and lawn mowers. And we all had cat shirts.

The other day after a meeting all us elders were going to go out to eat. I stretched and ripped my shirt. haha it was so funny. I guess my lats are just too huge. Bulk season lets go. haha jk. Later that night, one of our investigators is having a lot of struggles with Joseph Smith and I told him the only way for him to know that he was a prophet was to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. and he said "well you could be deceiving me and you wouldn't know." I proceeded to give the most powerful testimony I have ever given about the truth and divinity of the Book of Mormon and the prophet Joseph Smith.

Brothers and sisters, family and friends, I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it to be the word of God. I know with my whole being that it is true. With everything that I am and everything that I will be I know that the book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God. It is scripture. I asked God himself and He told me it to be true. I am not going off of other peoples words that its true. I know for myself that it is. I prayed and I have received my answer. Many times I have done this and I will do this forever. God has told me many times that this book, this Book of Mormon, is his word. And since it is the word of God, then the man who claims to have translated it, who brought it forth must be a prophet of God. I know with that same surety that my name is Brandon Rayne Verdoni that Joseph Smith Jr. was a prophet of God and was chosen and appointed to bring about the restoration of the true church of Jesus Christ. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the one and only true church on the Earth. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and the redeemer of the world. I know that He lives and is at the head of this church. I know all these things because I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I say all these things in the sacred name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder Verdoni

Letter to Mom
Yeah for sure it's getting cold in the mornings, but it's weird, some days the high is in the 60's then 70's then back up to the 0's and then the cycle repeats. It's really annoying actually, I just want it to be fall lol. The leaves are starting to turn red and that's super cool. I've never seen that happen before, really pretty.
Transfers are next week! so so crazy. Pretty sure elder Heiner is leaving. He's been in this area for 7 and a half months. So changes are coming.

The Pedigree Pic - Grandfather, Father and Son 
(Elder Verdoni the trainee or son, Elder ? the trainer of the trainer 
or Grandfather, Elder Heiner the trainer or Father)






No comments:

Post a Comment