Monday, October 12, 2015

Oct 12, 2015

Weekly Update

This week was much better than last haha. Still really slow but we found more new yesterday and Saturday. Its pretty cool, If you set goals out of faith and you pray in faith and you continue to act in faith, Heavenly Father will help you reach your goals. Whatever it may be. I've seemed to learn that pattern lately. If you put your trust in Jesus Christ and His atonement, you really can do all things. 

Something else that is really cool about being on a mission is seeing miracles happen so plainly. That's probably because we couldn't do our work without them but still. I don't know why but I just never really thought that miracles happened that much. But God has not ceased to be a God of miracles. There are still miracles. If He is the same yesterday and forever, He has to perform miracles. Miracles were performed by Christ and they didn't stop there. If they did God would cease to be God. And if God ceased to be God we would cease to exist. Well I'm still here. The only reason people don't see miracles is because they don't have the faith necessary for it. I'm paraphrasing all this from Mormon 9:15-21. I really invite you to read and ponder the message it's saying.

But nonetheless miracles are happening, even though they are small. I hope all you had a good week! love you!
Elder Verdoni

Letter to Mom
It's been kind of warm lately, and we have to wear our suit-coats biking so I'm back to being hot again haha, yay.

We had dinner at the Bishops last night and that went really really well. Dinner was fun and lots of laughs. The spiritual message was so spiritual and for some reason we were all laughing in the closing prayer. Anyway we were asked us to be judges in the primary program and Bishop gave us three assignments. And we walked away with homemade donuts! Best dinner ever!! We had a really good stake conference too. Its theme was keeping the Sabbath day holy. Love ya!

(I only took one :/  I'll repent and fix that for this week I promise)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment