Monday, October 5, 2015

Oct 5, 2015

The lord is my light, whom shall I fear?

Transfers were on Tuesday! Elder Heiner left to Northern Kentucky to be a zone leader, so that is cool! My new companion is Elder Taylor, he is from Layton, Utah. He is really fun and not afraid to talk to anybody.

Well it's been another slower week. We are starting our teaching pool over again. Trial by fire, all of our old investigators have dropped us. Which would seem bad, but I see it as a chance to increase my faith and move the work more up north where we live. I will not get discouraged or give up, I think this actually might be a blessing in disguise. I'm pretty excited about this upcoming Transfer.

General conference was this weekend! It was so good I learned so so much. I went in with some questions and came out with many many answers. That was amazing. It was so amazing to see three new apostles called. That hasn't happened since 1906 or something. If you missed it or didn't get a chance to watch it, it's on Lds.org. Saturday's conference was a blessing because we were inside most of the day. The high on Saturday was 53 but it stayed around 46 degrees. And it misted all day long, misted, like what? that's a thing? I was so cold. I'm so not ready for this winter haha and to think I will be biking in it. Yikes. 

That has been my week pretty much, hope everyone was good this week. Love you all!!
Elder Verdoni

Letter to Mom
Wow 100 days! that is crazy. (He's been out now over 100 days) This week has been the longest week of my mission. not the worst, just the longest and probably hardest. I have a lot of responsibility at such a very young age in the mission. I lack experience in almost every area of missionary work yet the Lord has entrusted me with a new missionary and to be a district leader of two areas of sisters. And we are building our teaching pool from the ground. I have felt inadequate and unqualified. But I know in whom I have trusted. I have trusted in my God and savior and will trust in them forever. I know that the Lord does not call the qualified but qualifies those who are called. In the paraphrased words of Dale G Renlund, The Lord does not call you because of what you have done, He calls you because of what He needs to do through you. General conference was awesome. I received so much revelation about all that is going on. I know that I can't do it on my own. But if I trust in God and the atoning sacrifice of His son Jesus Christ I can do all things. 
 My new companion Elder Taylor
 Cold selfie

Last selfie with my dad (Trainer)

No comments:

Post a Comment