Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9, 2012

I know what Love is


Love is my companion. Literally. His name is Elder Love. Yes I've made tons of jokes don't worry. He is so funny. I Love him. Get it. Well I'm sending this email with Love. It's right next to me. Love is in the room. I teach with Love. I eat with Love. I do everything with Love now. It never gets old.

Anyway I had a really cool experience this week. This weekend, "G" was baptized. She has been married to her husband who is a member for 7 years. He has changed his life around. She has been coming to church for a long time. Brother "M" has had cancer for a year now. He was supposed to die around Christmas time. He never gave up hope with his wife. His dream was to be able to baptize her. 

After 7 years, his dream and her dream came true. "G" had a very strong witness that this was true. She wanted to be with her husband forever. So she finally made the decision to be baptized. The service was packed. The ward loves her. The spirit was so strong. Brother "M" couldn't stop crying. Seven years of never giving up. It was one of the most powerful experiences I've ever been a part of. The happiness they have will be eternal.

I know that this work is the work of God. There is no way I would have done that on my own. This is Christ's work. He is directing it. I know this Church is true. I know that through the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ we can find true peace and happiness. I know that Christ is my savior. I am getting to know Him more and more especially when I'm in the homes of others testifying about Him.
Love Elder Verdoni
Calling home!






No comments:

Post a Comment