Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016

This week has been great! My new companion is Elder Mckay. He is from Louisiana. He's been out for 18 months now. We had a great week in our own area. We found some great investigators. And finally got a certain one to come to church. He loved it and felt the spirit. 

Saturday was a really good day. We did service in the morning where we dug out posts and tree stumps. Then later we were to give some priesthood blessings. But we really wanted to prepare for them. We just recently listened to Priesthood Power by Elder Groeberg. It really opened my eyes to the sacredness and power of priesthood blessings. We brought our suits to the church and spent a good amount of time cleaning off the dirt off ourselves and putting on clean clothes. I love the quote from the talk, "I will not, I cannot approach God with dirty hands, and muddy clothes." It reminded me of the scripture Psalms 24:3-4. Who shall ascend into the Hill of the Lord? He that hath clean hands and a pure heart. Any way the blessings were like the most powerful I have ever been apart of. It was awesome. The spirit was with us all day long and I felt great. 
love you!
Elder Verdoni







No comments:

Post a Comment