Monday, October 10, 2016

The Lord's work is done in His way and in His time

Oct 10, 2016

Wow talk about a week full of miracles. I have really changed over the past couple of weeks and I am a lot happier. Who knew working on the little things could change your whole life and out look on it. This was one of the best weeks of my mission. one of the happiest, and really the only thing that changed was me. I changed my focus and my attitude and things are great. 

On Saturday one of the biggest miracle of my mission happened. Back in April Elder Lemieux and I taught "C" and She was baptized. Her husband was not a member and not very supportive. There were many complications at first. I was honestly intimidated by him. But after months and months, his heart was softened. He had let us come back to answer one of his questions. 

After pathetically attempting to answer his question, we listened. I really listened to what he was saying. Doing that combined with listening to the spirit, we were able to discern his thoughts. I made some observations and asked questions that only dug deeper and deeper, till we found his true need. And then at that point we were able to testify of the restoration to exactly why he needed it. 

He committed to read the Book of Mormon and come to church. I don't know how long I have waited for this to happen. A long time. Well I will testify to what Nephi has said, "The Spirit will show you all things that you need to do and that only He has the power to touch hearts." The Lord does His work in His way and in His time. I just have the privilege to be his tool. I love you all!
Elder Verdoni





No comments:

Post a Comment