Tuesday, April 4, 2017

TRANSFERS

Apr 3,2017

Well Just like it says I am being transferred one last time. I am going to Kentucky! I am really excited to labor in this part of the Lord's vineyard. 

This week I had a really neat experience. We met a man through unusual circumstances. He described how his life had been hard to him and how he had never really gone to church or prayed. He is in his 60's and lives alone. I was surprised when he invited us back. We came and we taught about God, our Heavenly Father and how He loves us. I invited him to pray and was surprised when he accepted. I didn't think he was going to. He said he didn't know how, So I got down by his side and taught him how. I again was surprised at his willingness to pray with us and kneel down. 

He said his first prayer and it was heartfelt. He let us come back again and this time we taught about Jesus Christ and His Atonement, about the peace and happiness that can come from forgiveness. He then accepted the commitment to pray and ask to be forgiven. He had prayed every day since the last time we met. This was now Sunday morning and we invited him to General Conference the next hour and he came. He loved it. Step by step he is coming to know that God that gave him life, his Father. It was a really cool experience. Everybody has potential and it is never too late for anybody.

I really enjoyed watching the Lord's servants. I sustain them and follow their counsel. They are men of God. There is truly a prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson, there are 12 apostles and this church is led by the Living Christ. 
Elder Verdoni











No comments:

Post a Comment