Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Mar 21, 2016

Transfers


This week was great! It was way fast. It was awesome though. On Thursday we had a workshop in Montgomery. That was fun! really good. We went down to the basics. I really needed that. I think I've been over complicating things. It was very needed. Friday was fun too. We did some good work. The sisters were supposed to have a baptism the next day so the district leader and his companion got dropped off at the church and were just going to stay the night at our place. So we get to the church around 8:30 pm to pick them up. He still isn't done with one of the interviews. The wife however was extremely sick. very sick. We actually had to give her a blessing. In the women's bathroom. It was an interesting experience. But very cool. After I gave the blessing she looked a lot better and was more coherent. My testimony of the power of the priesthood increased a lot right there.

Saturday though was awesome. The whole entire mission went to Montgomery to hear Elder Anderson! There was 6 total Elders in our truck lol. It was crammed. It was so fun seeing the mission. I love it so much. We first heard from Bishop Waddell the presiding Bishop of the church. My testimony of Joseph Smith and The First Vision increased a ton. I am here, and we have had all our blessings because Joseph had a vision. So powerful. Then Elder Garret Gong of the presidency of the 70 spoke. I learned to love others and see them as Heavenly Father does. He then had us all sing happy birthday to sister Porter. Elder St Clair of the 70 was there as well. And then we heard from Elder Anderson. He is so darn funny. He was cracking jokes the whole time. I really loved hearing him speak. Being at the feet of an Apostle of the Lord was humbling and an honor. Hearing His witness of The Savior was so powerful. So powerful. He is such an amazing man. 

I am leaving Maysville. I am sad but happy. I'm way nervous. I've had such an amazing time here. Elder Broderick has been an amazing companion. We have both grown a lot. I will never forget this transfer. But I am always open to new opportunities.
Also, I am going to be a Zone Leader.
Love Elder Verdoni











No comments:

Post a Comment