Monday, March 28, 2016

Mar 28, 2016

New Transfer new comp new area


This week was awesome. So I got Transferred to Montgomery with Elder Lemieux (la-moe). He is from Queen Creek, AZ! He is so funny. He has been out for 20 months, so way longer than me. lol. He is a really great missionary. I've had such a great time so far. I love this area a lot too. The work is going great. We have someone on date for baptism for the 23rd and I'm way pumped about that. We put her on date on Saturday. And the ward is amazing! I love it so much. I feel at home here it's so great. Not that I didn't in my last areas because I did. It's just awesome and I love where I am. The zone is great too. We have fantastic missionaries. They lost an area right when I came in. So now we have more Sisters than Elders in our zone. We call it the Relief Society. hahaha.

I am doing so good. Easter was a lot of fun. Church was filled with tons of music. A lot of people showed up. We average over 200 people a week so big change from Maysville. A returned missionary from Romania gave her homecoming talk and bore really amazing testimony about the Gospel. It was a great day for investigators to come. 

And don't worry. I was taken care of on Easter. A family had us over for dinner. It is their tradition to have the missionaries over on Easter. And it's a big family. 7 kids. all under 14. Young big family. And cousins were there too. They gave us Easter baskets and we went on an Easter egg hunt with the kids haha. I felt like I was at home. It was great. Then some neighbor kids from the ward TP'd our car haha.

I am loving life right now. We have a lot of things to change though. A lot. We are tightening up on little things. Many good things are to come. Love you!
Love
Elder Verdoni



No comments:

Post a Comment